05-08-2013, 02:18 AM
[MINING GUIDE][NVIDIA] CUDAMiner
CUDAMINER HOME PAGE
CUDAMiner works only for Compute 1.0+ capable NVidia devices (Geforce 8 series cards or better)
1) Make sure you have the latest NVidia drivers, the CUDA SDK, and the latest CUDAMiner.
2) Make a Batch File
Click for Instructions (Click to View)
1) Right-Click the desktop, make a new Text document.
1) In the text document, select 'File' from the menu bar, and click 'Save As'
2) Change 'Save as Type' from '.txt' to 'all files'.
3) Name your file something along the lines of "config.bat" (minus the quotes)
4) Ensure that you named your file with the .bat extension! This is what creates the bat (batch) file. Your text file icon will change into another icon upon a successful save.
3)Right-click / "edit" your batch file. Copy / Paste into your batch file this base config:
Change workername:workerpass with your workername and worker password like this: accountname.workername:worker password.
Save your batch file.
4) Open up the README.txt included in your miner download. Read every single square inch of it. It has flag notes, as well as sample configs such as these:
Example for Litecoin Mining on netcodepool with GTX 660 Ti
NOTE: Beware of NVidia's rebadging / model number monkey business, especially in the lower range GT cards and laptop models! If you have a GT 610, 620, 630, 640, or laptop GPU please use -l (--launch-config) auto to get the kernel prefix indicating the card architecture.
L - Legacy (pre GTX4x series, such as 8 series)
F - Fermi (GTX 4 / 5 series)
K - Kepler (Kepler cards are all the GTX 650+ cards AND the 760 (rebadge 670) and 770 (rebadge 680)
T - Titan and GK208 (GTX780/GTX780 Ti are Titans)
5) Place the batch file into your cudaminer folder. Run your batch file, not the cudaminer executable.
Use the following sources to tweak your baseline config from step #4. The best way to do this is to find someone else who has your card, copy their config and tweak it from there.
CUDAMiner Author README
Cudaminer Google Doc Settings Compendium
LTC Hardware Comparison Wiki
01-30-2014, 11:54 PM
RE: [MINING GUIDE][NVIDIA] CUDAMiner
I will add as a cautionary note to this guide that cudaminer can be extremely twitchy if you feed it the wrong kernel prefix in the -l flag.
If you are having issues getting mining, check your -l flag.
Please run autotune to get the correct kernel architecture prefix if you are not sure of the proper -l flag.
User(s) browsing this thread:
Return to TopReturn to Content